Roxbury | Trout Throughout: Roxbury’s O-FISH-All Trout Tales Weekend
May 18, 2018 - May 20, 2018
Gather with your family and friends for a splashy weekend in Roxbury!
Friday through Sunday
May 18 – 20, 2018
Various locations and times in Roxbury
- Trout specials served all weekend at Chappie’s Café and Shephard Hills Tavern
- Wine tasting at Roxbury Wine and Spirits
- Fishing games, trout craft stations and fly fishing equipment for view at Round Back Antiques
- Fish tales for kids at Roxbury Library
- Poetry recited by Writers in the Mountains’ poets
- Fish windsock kites throughout town.
- Sidewalk Chalk: Draw Fish on the Sidewalk River, hosted by Roxbury General
- Off the Hook! Art Project at Roxbury Arts Group (12:30 – 2:30 Saturday)
- Family Fishing Derby on Saturday at the beautiful, historic Kirkside Park
- A Local Trout Dinner from the Roxbury Fire Company (the only thing our local volunteer firefighters do better than fight fires is cook!) with trout donated by Ate O Ate Catering.
Fishing Derby Details
- 1:00 Registration
- 2:00-4:00 Fishing Derby
- 4:00-4:30 Fish weight
- 4:30 Trout Dinner
- The Roxbury, Contemporary Catskill Lodging; Pine Hollow Lodging, Green Label Home, and Lyne Acres will be offering special packages to stay in the Catskills for the Trout Tales events.
- Say the Magic Words (Trout Tales) and get 10% off all merchandise at Roxbury General.
- Union Grove Distillery in Arkville will be serving the now-famous Spillian Trout Tale Cocktail throughout the two-month Trout Tales celebration.
Family Fishing Derby at Kirkside Park
We’ll be stocking the East Branch of the Delaware where it runs through historic Kirkside Park , and providing kids with a chance at winning a fishing derby, and topping it off with a superb trout dinner (with other options for those not quite so fishily inclined) by the renowned Ate O Ate Catering & Gourmet Food Truck.
Saturday, May 19
1 PM to 7 PM